Monday, January 17, 2011

Needing Someting New

It was a big decision... one I had to think through for some time. To blog or not to blog. It sounds sorta lame... but I was in need of someting new, and technology won out.

I'm a keeper. I have shoebox sized totes leaking out of my closets... containing anything from electircal chords to styrofoam peanuts to brightly colored milk caps. They stack on top of one another, are labeled for easy finding, and are a bit of a joke around here. My motto is becoming, "If it can fit in a tote, then we can keep it." What does this have to do with blogging you may ask??? I'm getting there.

So I'm a homeschooling mother who will never be satisfied with school work on paper alone or a read and regurgitate type life. We are thinkers, creators, doers around here. We play with things others throw out and walk in the abundant life we are called to. But this requires time. Time to organize and process. Time to set goals and take creative steps toward them. Time I am so blessed to have - and time I am called to use wisely.

So this is my new way of keeping. I hope to use this blog to better organize my ideas - to record those amazing moments shared with my husband and children - and know that my mom and sisters will be able to see them too. I want to scrapbook the smiles and projects, lessons and failures without the glue and the chunky pages. Those books don't fit into a shoebox tote...



And it's a bit exciting - to capture the written word, a snapshot or two, and know that at the end of a given evening, I have kept a memory in a little archive for me to reflect on and see where the Lord takes me. I think this will be good... and it dosen't require my to pull out my label maker.

2 comments: